Private Dentist in Cyberjaya

Ahad, 12 Februari 2017

"Mommy, I have a toothache...It's here" Danial told me as I was getting ready to work. 

He pointed to his left cheek. I was quiet. It was a Thursday morning in the middle of a week and this week, particularly, I was rather busy.

"How painful is it? Can you eat? Can you sleep?" I asked him. Dentists usually ask those questions.

"Not too much. I can sleep.." He said nonchalantly. 

"Okay , maybe we will see the dentist one of these days ya..." and that day is today.

Where to find dentist in Cyberjaya/Putrajaya

If you stay in Cyberjaya/Putrajaya, you can go to a huge Government Dental Clinic in Putrajaya in Presinct 9. It costs RM1, no matter what procedure you do. The health system in Malaysia is heavily subsidized. However, you need to know that, because it is DIRT CHEAP, there will be a lot of people there. So the queue can be long and you may need to make an appointment. Well, we have to accept that there will be compromise in terms of comfort at the expense of cost.

So if you value your time and and do not mind paying a little bit for fast service, you can visit private dental clinics instead. You can get the list of private dental clinics registered with Ministry of Health at this link : http://medicalprac.moh.gov.my/v2/modules/mastop_publish/?tac=SENARAI_KLINIK_PERGIGIAN_SWASTA For me, we went to this private dental clinic -Drs Wong and Partners Dental Surgery, in Cyberjaya. It is situated at Shaftsbury Square, 5th floor. P5-07 to P5-08.

The waiting are is cozy with a lot of sofas. If you have made an appointment, the clinic will serve you first. Consultation and checkup is FREE OF CHARGE. You only pay for procedure and medications.

Today we did not even have to wait. The dentist was polite, professional and empathic. She explained what was the problem, and what needed to be done clearly.


In my son's case, he had a large cavity over his left upper molar. There were even pockets of pus ( shown by the dentist). So she had to clean the cavity first ( a procedure called pulpectomy) then put in some antibiotics, before putting in some temporary filling, She will review the tooth again next week and if everything is okay, a permanent filling is put in. There was also a cavity in the lower left molar, but this is not so bad, hence only filling was required.

The procedure was done gently. My son did not even cry. The dentist periodically asked him " Are you OK ?" which some how assured both of us. It was over in about 40 minutes.

The whole procedure and medications ( antibiotics ) costs RM160 which I think is fair (RM60 for 2 fillings, RM100 for pulpectomy, free medications). The last time, We came here for tooth extraction, it costs me RM75 for the procedure, painkiller and a plastic of cotton gauze.

I am not paid for this post. I just thought, maybe one of the readers probably is searching for where-to-go in Cyberjaya/ Putrajaya and I am just sharing this for those interested to know. You can contact the clinic to make an appointment here









1 ulasan :

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful post with us. I am glad everything went well with the procedure of the cavity. It was great stopping by your blog. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    BalasPadam

Mohon tuan/puan bersopan santun ketika memberikan komen.