My love- hate relationship with Bumgenius Pocket Diaper

Rabu, 12 Januari 2011




BumGenius is one of the CD brands that is highly recommended for first timers. I bought bumGenius pocket diapers about 3 years ago, at that time they do not have snaps yet.

I love its thick microfiber insert. I like the ease of Velcro. It was perfect for night use on my son and for occasional outing.



After using it for about 5-6 months or so, wear and tear effects started showing. Velcro was less sticky. Microsuede inner became greyish.
When DS was potty trained, we kept bumGenius for the next baby.

When DD was born, she was tiny! Barely 2.5kg, I waited for one month before putting her in bumGenius. But it leaked like flood even though the fit seemed okay. I stripped and change the setting and stripped and tried as cover- did not work.

As I was short of fund and I needed diapers that would work for my little girl, I sold my three bumGenius.

Now that I am older ( and hopefully wiser!) , I realised the leaks could be due to loose elastics. Now that I have found a few reliable CD seamstress, those problems could have been easily fixed. You can also change the Velcro or change to snaps. You can change into bamboo insert or used socks, if repelling is the problem and stripping does not work.

So now I am back to using bumGenius. And so far loving them. They are not my primary CDs though. My babysitter seemed a bit reluctant to fish out inserts from within the pocket.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Tiada ulasan :

Catat Ulasan

Mohon tuan/puan bersopan santun ketika memberikan komen.